Lewis Colbert to speak at Columbus State University |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Lewis Colbert, former Auburn and NFL punter and Phenix City native, will speak at Columbus State University as part of Columbus State’s Disability Week observation.
On Nov. 8 from noon until 1 p.m., Colbert will lecture about his life experiences that are detailed in his book, Lewis Colbert: The Unlikeliest Tiger.
It tells of how Colbert, born with a severely misshapen club foot, which required numerous surgeries and constant metal bracing, overcame his disability to become Auburn’s starting punter from 1982-1985.
During that period Colbert set Auburn career punting records that still stand today for most punts and most punting yards and earned first-team All-American in 1985, his fourth season as Auburn’s starting punter.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Living historty event featuring Kelly's Zeroes to take place at the National Infantry Museum
- Fort Benning to observe Memorial Day with wreath laying ceremony
- Rangers to receive awards for role in Afghanistan
- Ft. Benning’s Col. Johnson relinquishes command
- Combat wounded World War II veteran honored at Fort Benning