Council approves alcohol sales near airport | Business
COLUMBUS, GA - Council members have approved an amendment that will allow you to buy alcohol within 1,500 ft. of the Columbus Airport without meeting specific distance restrictions.
In the past, restaurant owners who wanted to set up shop near the airport could not because of nearby churches but this new amendment erases all of that.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning