Valley Rescue Mission in need of hams, turkeys for Thanksgiving meal | Community Spirit
As Thanksgiving approaches, Valley Rescue Mission reminds the generous community of its need of hams and turkeys to serve for Thanksgiving dinner.
Each year Valley Rescue Mission serves meals in its dining hall to the homeless and less fortunate, and delivers meals to the elderly and shut-ins in the Chattachoochee Valley. Your help by donating a ham or turkey for this event would be greatly appreciated.
The Mission anticipates serving approximately 800 meals (in house and by delivery to the elderly, disabled and shut-ins) at Valley Rescue Mission this year. The complete meal includes ham and turkey, with an assortment of traditional holiday side dishes.
If you have a ham or turkey or other holiday meal food items you can donate please bring them to Valley Rescue Mission, 2903 Second Avenue, Columbus, GA.
For more information, contact Donna Pearce, development director, at 706-322-8267, ext. 204.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning