First ever training for Columbus Urban Debate League | Community Spirit
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - Marshall Middle school will be the site of the first ever training institute for the Columbus Urban Debate League or CUDL.
The CUDL is an affiliate of the award winning Barkley Forum of Atlanta's Emory University.
The training will be led by two very distinguished trainers James R. Roland III and Betty Jessie Maddox.
Roland is a nationally recognized communicator, motivational speaker and educater who currently serves as the Director of Community Outreach and Engaged Scholarship for the Berkley Forum. He is known for developing new ways to teach and learn debate.
Maddox is a retired English teacher and debate coach with the Atlanta public school system. She is also one of the founders of the Atlanta Urban Debate League. Maddox is the first African American Woman to be inducted into the Georgia Forensics Coaches Association's Hall of Fame.
The training will last from June18 through June 22, and goes from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest