Serial shoplifter caught with meat in his pants | Crime
COLUMBUS, GA - Piggly Wiggly is down a rack of ribs after one man shoved them down his pants.
Columbus Police were called out to the Piggly Wiggly on Brown Ave. for a theft in progress Monday morning.
One of the employees in the meat department noticed a customer pick up a package of Saint Louis style ribs, walk down aisle 3, and stuff the package down the front of his pants.
The employee stopped the thief, Gregory Turman, and waited with him until police came.
Turman was arrested and charged with felony theft by shoplifting. He has 12 prior shoplifting offenses.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest