$300 worth of hair almost stolen from beauty store | Crime
COLUMBUS, GA - A Decatur woman tried to steal four bags of hair from Golden Beauty Supply on Jan. 31.
Officers were called out to the store in reference to a shoplifter.
When they got there, they saw Ashley Clark, 23, try to leave the store with several packages of hair hidden in her purse.
The officers took her into custody and spoke with an employee in the store.
The employee said that he saw Clark taking four packages of black long hair and putting them into her purse, worth $303.96.
The hair was returned to the store and Clark was charged with felony theft by shoplifting.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest