Contractor bites Lowe's employees, resists arrest | Crime
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) - A 34 year-old self-employed contractor is now in jail after police say he caused quite a scene at the Lowe's on Veterans Parkway Saturday evening.
Police were called to the store just before 6 o'clock because a customer was fighting with two employees. When they got to Lowe's they found Christopher Newman fighting with two men who worked at the store.
Witnesses tell police the suspect threatened to cut the victims with a knife and he also bit both of them on the arm during a fight, causing them to bleed. Police also found that Newman had two knives. Reports also state he caused $135 worth of property damage inside the store.
Christopher Newman resisted arrest, but was apprehended and taken to the Muscogee County Jail. He is charged with two counts of terroristic threats, battery, theft by shoplifting, and obstruction of a police officer. He will appear in Recorder's Court Monday morning at 8:00.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Santa Claus expected to "drop in" at Fort Benning's annual 250-foot airborne tower lighting ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning