Marine wanted for assaulting CSU student | Crime
COLUMBUS, GA - Columbus State University Police are looking for a Marine accused of assaulting a CSU student in downtown Columbus during the early morning hours.
University Police say they responded to a call of an injured 18-year-old student at Columbus Hall on Broadway around 12:15 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Officers found the victim with visible injuries to his face and head. He was being helped by the CSU Residence Life staff.
He was taken to the Medical Center for treatment and was back home by 3 a.m.
Students told police about the attacker and the vehicle he left in. He was identified as Melvin B. Wilson.
Wilson is charged him with battery. He is currently serving in the United States Marine Corps and is temporarily assigned to Fort Benning.
No one knows what started the altercation.
CSU Police are working with military officials to locate Wilson but at this time his whereabouts are unknown.
Anyone with information regarding Wilson's location is encouraged to contact CSU Police at 706-568-2022.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest