Columbus pair arrested for injecting drugs in middle of street | Crime
COLUMBUS, GA - Police arrested two people for injecting drugs in the middle of a Columbus street Thursday.
Officers noticed the pair sitting in a car on Vineville St. around 2:48 a.m. on Dec. 13.
When officers approached the car, they saw the two try to hide syringes and a spoon containing a cloudy substance.
Kodie Stewart, age 30, and Charles Smith, age 39, were questioned and admitted to dissolving oxycodone with water and injecting it.
Police say they found more pills being prepared for injection. They also found a pill bottle prescribed to Smith for 120 oxycodone pills.
Stewart and Smith are both charged with one count of pills not in the container and two counts of possession of drug related objects.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning