Teen caught shoplifting condoms and chips from Columbus Walmart | Crime
COLUMBUS, GA - Walmart employees stopped a teen from stealing Tuesday afternoon and caught him with some interesting merchandise.
Police say they were called out to the Buena Vista Rd. Walmart around 3:45 p.m. on Jan. 22 in reference to a shoplifting.
A loss prevention officer had a 16 year-old teen detained after she saw him pick out a box of ribbed Trojan brand condoms and hide them in his pocket. The officer also saw him eat a pack of cheddar Ruffles potato chips while walking around in the store.
All the items except for the chips the teen had already eaten were recovered.
The teen was charged with misdemeanor theft by shoplifting and was released to his sister with the consent of his mom.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Trees for Troops to give away 800 Christmas trees on Ft. Benning
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan