Woman claims she smoked all her weed when pulled over | Crime
COLUMBUS, GA - A Columbus Police officer pulled over a woman for running a stop sign and noticed the distinct odor of marijuana early Wednesday morning.
Police say the traffic stop happened near the intersection of Cusseta Rd. and 31st Ave around 12:35 a.m. on Feb. 27.
When the officer walked up to the 2001 Ford Mustang he smelled a strong odor of marijuana coming from the car.
When they asked the driver, Shakinia Grant, if there was any marijuana in the car she replied no, she had smoked it all.
That’s when the officer detained Grant and searched the vehicle.
He found a clear plastic baggy with about 1.1 grams of suspected marijuana inside her purse in the center console.
Grant was placed under arrest and charged with possession of marijuana and stop sign violation.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest