Couples use smartphones to compete for diamond ring | Events
COLUMBUS, GA - Engagement rings are expensive purchases, but several Columbus couples are hoping to get one for free this weekend.
REEDS Jewelers is holding a contest using location-based, mobile gaming technology.
They are the the first Columbus jeweler to partner with the Google-backed mobile gaming company, SCVNGR.
Couples will use the app on their smartphones to solve challenges across the city for points to win a $16,500 diamond ring.
Want your chance to win the big prize? Submit your love story at www.reedsdiamonddash.com.The couples will meet up on Sept. 22 in downtown Columbus to start their hunt.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest