Drop off unused prescription drugs on national Take Back Day | Events
COLUMBUS, GA - The DEA is holding its 5th national prescription drug take back day program and giving people a chance to get rid of unused medications.
Sites will be set up across the nation and in your community this Saturday, Sept. 29 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The service is free and anonymous. The DEA is trying to help stop prescription drug abuse.
The past four years of the program have generated 1.6 million pounds of unused prescription drugs.
The chart below shows drop off sites in our viewing area.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Trees for Troops to give away 800 Christmas trees on Ft. Benning
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan