Food Stamps changing distribution dates | Families
ATLANTA, GA - SNAP (Food Stamp) recipients will soon experience a change in the timing of their monthly benefit. Starting in November, the State will use a new formula to determine when clients will receive their benefits. Food stamp benefit amounts will not change as a result of this new process and the date will still fall between the 5th and the 14th of each month. Benefits will now be distributed based on the last two digits of the Client ID for the Head of Household.
The Client ID is a unique number assigned to each Division of Family & Children Services (DFCS) client when applying for food stamps. The Client ID can be found on all notices received from the Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS). The chart below can be used to determine the benefit availability date.
Since the Client ID does not change over time, this will help ensure that clients receive food stamp benefits on the same date each month. A Client ID is used by several programs in DHS and can also be used to create an online account via COMPASS at www.compass.ga.gov. On COMPASS, DFCS clients can apply for eligibility, check their benefits, report changes, and renew benefits.
If assistance is needed with obtaining a Client ID, please contact a DFCS Eligibility Specialist at your local DFCS office.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Santa Claus expected to "drop in" at Fort Benning's annual 250-foot airborne tower lighting ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning