Muscogee County Warden stepping down | News
COLUMBUS, GA - After 21 years of service, William (Bill) W. Adamson has announced his retirement from the Columbus Consolidated Government as Warden of the Muscogee County Prison effective September 30, 2011.
Mayor Teresa Tomlinson has appointed Dwight Hamrick of Pine Mountain, Georgia as Interim Warden while a search for a new Warden is conducted. Interim Warden Hamrick began his career with the Georgia Department of Corrections (GDC) on January 1, 1979, after attaining a Bachelor of Science Degree from Georgia College and State University in Milledgeville, Georgia. He has served as Warden of Walker State Prison and Rutledge State Prison in Columbus, Georgia, from which he retired on December 1, 2009. Interim Warden Hamrick has held many other positions with the GDC including assignment to Men's State Prison, Scott State Prison, Hays State Prison, Northwest Probation Detention Center, and Lee Arrendale State Prison.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning