Gov. Deal to deliver State of the State address Jan. 10 at 7:00 p.m. | News
Gov. Nathan Deal will deliver the State of the State address on Tuesday, Jan. 10, at 7 p.m. in the House chamber. Georgia Public Broadcasting plans to air the address live statewide and also stream it on the GPB web site.
The governor will begin the day with an address at the Chamber of Commerce’s Eggs and Issues breakfast at the World Congress Center, which begins at 7:30 a.m.
Both speeches will outline Deal’s vision for increasing Georgia’s economic competitiveness and job creation.
The Eggs and Issues address will focus on tax reform proposals that have come from the Georgia Competitiveness Initiative – which was announced at last year’s Eggs and Issues breakfast. The State of the State will showcase the governor’s building blocks for economic prosperity in Georgia with announcements on education, transportation, health care, criminal justice and government efficiency.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Living historty event featuring Kelly's Zeroes to take place at the National Infantry Museum
- Fort Benning to observe Memorial Day with wreath laying ceremony
- Rangers to receive awards for role in Afghanistan
- Ft. Benning’s Col. Johnson relinquishes command
- Combat wounded World War II veteran honored at Fort Benning