Columbus homeowner, daughter escape burning home | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Columbus firefighters told News Leader 9 a home across from Parkhill Cemetery on Macon Road went up in flames overnight.
Firefighters said they arrived on the scene around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. The home was fully engulfed in flames. Thankfully, the owner and her daughter made it out safely.
Firefighters told us a third of the home was damaged by flames, and a majority of it sustained smoke and water damage. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest