Police: Still searching for clues in Columbus car fire | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Columbus arson investigators are still trying to figure out who deliberately set a car on fire in a church parking lot.
Firefighters worked last night to put out the blaze on Murray Street near M.L.K. Boulevard.
Flames destroyed the 2001 Honda Civic around 3:30 Wednesday morning. Neighbors told firefighters the car had been parked there for hours before it started burning.
A woman reportedly told police her grandson drives the car. No word if he has been notified.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest