Family of 5 y.o. stroke victim looking for help | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- A Columbus five-year-old was the victim of a stroke last Friday and the family is asking for help.
Trevor Ramsey suffered a rare stroke and was rushed to the Columbus Medical Center. He has since been transported to Egleston in Atlanta.
Trevor is in stable condition, but still cannot swallow. His mother is by his side in Atlanta, and his Aunt Shannon Channel is raising money in town to help her stay there.
"He's a good kid," Channel said. "He loves cars, he loves trucks. He's just all boy. He loves to do anything. He's always happy!"
Channel has set up an account at TIC Federal Credit Union. Just mention Trevor Ramsey's name to make a donation.
They expect Trevor to recover with physical therapy in three to six months.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest