First grader starts fire at Hannan Elementary | News
COLUMBUS, GA - An incident with a fire at an elementary school Wednesday morning still has questions without answers.
Muscogee County School District says that a first grade student walked into a bathroom at Hannan Elementary between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. and set a paper roll on fire with a match.
The case is still under investigation, including who reported the incident.
The students and staff had to be moved from the building for about half an hour.
Parents were contacted and told about the incident.
When there are discipline issues students can face many things from suspension, expulsion, tribunal, or possible charges.