Hardaway student serves with Governor Deal | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Georgia's governor has appointed 22 teenagers to a committee to provide advice on how to communicate a safe driving message to teen drivers.
One of those students is from Columbus: Hardaway High School senior Amber Heart was chosen out of 200 students from across the state.
"Our goal is to basically get teen crashes injuries and fatalities down to zero," said Amber. "A lot of people say that is un realistic but that is the goal, we don't want our teens to die from senseless deaths by not making good decisions in their lives."
The commission will be expected to draft a report of its findings for Gov. Nathan Deal and the transportation committees in the Georgia House and Senate.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Living historty event featuring Kelly's Zeroes to take place at the National Infantry Museum
- Fort Benning to observe Memorial Day with wreath laying ceremony
- Rangers to receive awards for role in Afghanistan
- Ft. Benning’s Col. Johnson relinquishes command
- Combat wounded World War II veteran honored at Fort Benning