Green Leaf apartments hosts blood drive for Sandy victims | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- The number of lives lost
from Hurricane Sandy now stands at more than 110.
On day nine of recovery,
hundreds of thousands remain without electricity, while thousands remain
homeless and finding gasoline remains hit-or-miss.
All while another storm,
also packing a serious punch, heads along the east coast.
All this devastation has
left many of us wondering what we can do to help.
Some residents at the Green
Leaf apartment complex in Phenix City decided to take action Wednesday by
donating blood to the American Red Cross. They say the best ways to lend a
hand-- is to lend an arm
Russell County Sherriff Heath Taylor and his deputies were among
the donors, along with Phenix City Fire Captain Marc Wells and his team of
2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest