“Movember” begins in Columbus | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Men across the country and here in Columbus
are shaving off their beards in preparation for "Movember."
During the month of November,
men grow moustaches to raise awareness for prostate and testicular cancer
At Van Dykes For Men in Columbus,
barbers are making sure guys are clean shaven so they can grow the most
Lead barber Sherrie Flowers
says that you can help raise funds for men's health by creating a page on
"They can ask for
donations through social networking, we're doing a lot of fundraisers here
throughout the month," said Flowers. "And, it is just getting your group,
building your team and just having everybody just spread the word."
Flowers says this month is
extremely important because men's health isn't talked about much.
She encourages men in the
valley to not only help raise awareness, but to also encourage men to be tested
and talk with their doctors.
2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning