Sneak peek at Columbus’ new luxury apartments | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Columbus' newest luxury apartments are slated to open up Friday morning.
There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony on Friday from the Eagle and Phenix Mill number two at 10 a.m. but we got a sneak preview of a couple of the 44 new apartments today.
Leah Braxton with W.C. Bradley Company said the revitalization of mills that were the hub for the industrial era in Columbus can now help the local economy again
"As the Whitewater continues to develop, we will see lots of visitors to Columbus," said Braxton. "We feel this will help us to be able to recruit people to want to move to Columbus because it is such a different niche product."
Braxton said they first bought the property in 2005 and have been working on the development ever since.
She also said there are already 88 condos on the site.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning