NIM holds paver dedication in honor of Veterans Day | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Even though Veterans Day was Sunday, Columbus is still honoring the military throughout the community.
The National Infantry Museum had events all day Monday for the military, including a paver dedication ceremony.
At the ceremony News Leader 9 met a mother dedicating a paver to her son, Corporal Frank Gross, who lost his life in Afghanistan.
"Coming here helps me to connect with Frank and I just... There's a closure here and it's a beautiful, beautiful grounds and property and just a lot of wonderful memories, cherished memories," said Toni Gross. "My son is still alive when I come here, in my heart and in my spirit."
There were almost ninety other pavers dedicated Monday.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Trees for Troops to give away 800 Christmas trees on Ft. Benning
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan