Columbus man accused of threatening with an ax remains behind bars | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- The Columbus man accused of threatening to kill another man with a hand ax will remain behind bars.
News Leader 9 was in the courtroom Tuesday morning when Brent Watson made his first appearance in front of a judge and pleaded not guilty.
Watson's mother says she believes this all started after her son's home was burglarized, and this was his way of retaliation. She says the charges, however, are outlandish and that this is not like her son.
Watson has been charged with aggravated assault, burglary, criminal damage, false imprisonment and disorderly conduct. This comes after he allegedly threatened to kill a man with an ax in the victim's home on 12th Avenue in Columbus.
His bond was set at $30,000.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest