Columbus man accused of threatening with an ax remains behind bars | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- The Columbus man accused of threatening to kill another man with a hand ax will remain behind bars.
News Leader 9 was in the courtroom Tuesday morning when Brent Watson made his first appearance in front of a judge and pleaded not guilty.
Watson's mother says she believes this all started after her son's home was burglarized, and this was his way of retaliation. She says the charges, however, are outlandish and that this is not like her son.
Watson has been charged with aggravated assault, burglary, criminal damage, false imprisonment and disorderly conduct. This comes after he allegedly threatened to kill a man with an ax in the victim's home on 12th Avenue in Columbus.
His bond was set at $30,000.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning