Interim Muscogee Co. schools chief proposes closing Academic Success Center | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- The Muscogee County School Board is scheduled to vote on whether or not to close a school for kids that have academic problems.
During Monday night's meeting Interim Superintendent John Phillips proposed to close the Academic Success Center. The center was opened years ago to help students to help students who needed extra help with academics.
"I think that like everything else the world is changing its more computer based instruction and that we have several days that we can work with students on extended day," said Dr. Phillips, "There are a lot of students that really need the help that this school offers."
Phillips added they can help those students by moving them back to their home school - eliminating the center all together. This will be brought to a vote next Monday.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning