Teen rape suspect faces a decade behind bars | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- News Leader 9 has received an update on a story about a 15-year-old rape suspect.
Quitearn Sumbry is charged with raping a 20-year-old woman in early November. The teen suspect told a WTVM source he was a former student of Hardaway High School.
After checking with the Muscogee County School District, officials say this is not true and Sumbry has never attended Hardaway.
Sumbry pled 'not guilty' and faces at least a decade behind bars. He told police he did not rape the woman but that she forced him to have sex with her.
Investigators say the accuser has scratches and bruises all over her body and that's not what the evidence shows.
Sumbry is being held without bond.
We are continuing to follow this and will bring you updates as they become available.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest