Local photographer, high school seniors, win national awards | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- On the eve of the big game, a local UGA graduate is just learning about a couple of big honors.
Photographer John Pyle in Columbus, known for his top-notch senior shoots, has been picked to be in the Bulldog 100, the top hundred businesses in the nation run by Georgia alums.
He heads to Atlanta in January to find out where his business ranks. Two of the teenagers he photographs learned Friday afternoon they both won the Senior Ignite Modeling contests, two out of 25 in the nation.
WTVM surprised the girls with the news today.
"It takes 100% of me and 100% of my wife to do it," said Pyle. "It's a blessing because I get to create, I have freedom to create and I get to connect with people."
Columbus High Senior Mallory See and Northside High Senior Madeline Jane Irvin will head to San Diego next year as national modeling contest winners. Congratulations to them and Pyle!
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning