Heating assistance now available in Columbus | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Enrichment Services Program Inc. on 12th Avenue in Columbus will provide heating assistance for residents of Muscogee County who are 18 or older starting December 3rd. They want to help residents pay either their electric bill or gas bill.
Appointments will be taken by telephone only on Monday and Tuesday from 9:00a.m.-1:00p.m. or until the allotted appointments have been made for each day. If you meet all of the requirements, you must go to your appointment at 2100 12th Avenue and bring:
- Proof of income for all household members for the past 30 days.
- Proof of Social Security Numbers for each person in the household.
- Last/current month's heating bill for the household.
- Proof of citizenship or immigrant status.
- If receiving SSI, the 2012 award letter is required.
All applicants must meet the Federal income poverty guidelines. If you have any questions, to see if you qualify or to make an appointment you must call 706-221-6638 or 706-221-6701.
The Community Services Director of Enrichment Services Program says they do this to help the community, especially during the holidays. They understand these bills can be higher during colder months, and those with financial struggles need more assistance.
Copyright WTVM 2012. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning