Mayor calls on citizens to observe moment of silence honoring victims of CT shooting | News
In response to a national call from Governor Dannel Malloy of Connecticut, Columbus Mayor Teresa Tomlinson is urging all Columbus residents to observe a moment of silence Friday, Dec. 21 at 9:30 a.m.
Mayor Tomlinson also has asked churches to ring their bells 26 times to commemorate each precious life lost in Newtown, CT last week.
“This coming Friday…I respectfully request that you consider observing a moment of silence and remembrance in your state in honor of those victims,” said Gov. Malloy in his request. “I ask you join with me and the citizens of Connecticut to remember the loved ones lost last Friday.”
Flags at the Government Center will continue to be flown at half-staff on Friday.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning