Holiday surprises, visitors at the Medical Center | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Patients in the children's hospital at the Medical Center in Columbus had a big surprise Wednesday morning.
Judge Michael Cielinski's staff, members of the Columbus State Police Department, and local fire and police personnel spent their morning visiting the children and bringing them gifts.
We spoke with the Columbus Police Department's Sergeant Dion Lamb who has been doing this for 11 years, and he explained why he likes to participate.
"It makes us feel good, we know exactly when we give the teddy bears we know where they're going and we get to see the end result, and everyone deserves Christmas," said Sgt. Lamb.
They stopped by every room and gave teddy bears to children who have to be hospitalized over the holidays.
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest