Feeding the spirit: Valley Rescue Mission to host Christmas dinner | News
Christmas is next week, and Valley Rescue Mission is preparing for its annual Christmas community meal that is open to the general population.
More than 400 meals were served in 2011 and it is projected that there will be approximately that same number this year as well. More than 100 volunteers are expected to serve alongside staff members Christmas Day.
This annual celebratory meal will begin with chapel services at 11 a.m., followed with the banquet under a tent in the parking lot at noon on Tuesday, December 25. The meal will include dressing, ham, English peas, gravy, rolls, and assorted beverages.
Meals will also be delivered to elderly or shut-in individuals who called in to make prior arrangements.
Events will be held at 2903 2nd Avenue, Columbus, GA 31904. For more information call (706) 322-8267
Copyright 2012 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Col. Michail Huerter new Garrison Commander of Fort Benning
- Ft. Benning soldiers, CPD & CFD team up for Urban Search and Rescue Training
- 197th Infantry Brigade welcomes new Commander
- Free tickets available for Big Boy Toys Sporting and Outdoor Show, 4 per family
- USAMU Paralympic shooters named to national team