$45k bond granted to soldier accused of beating up child | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- A Fort Benning soldier appeared in court Friday, accused of beating up a child.
A judge ordered William Robinson to post $45,000 bond if he wants to be released from jail before trial.
The 27-year-old man is accused of beating his 10-year-old stepson on multiple occasions at their Columbus apartment until he was black and blue.
Police believe Robinson was jealous of the attention the boy was receiving from his mother and felt that his daughter should have been paid the same attention.
Investigators say the beatings would come out of nowhere. They accuse Robinson of sneaking up on the boy from behind to beat him.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Trees for Troops donates more than 800 trees to military families
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan