Supreme Court upholds 2002 Columbus murder conviction | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- A murder conviction was upheld in Georgia Supreme Court Monday from a murder ten years ago.
Thaddeus Porter is convicted of killing Willie Clay in 2002.
Porter will now serve a life sentence for this conviction. The shooting occurred during a robbery at Eagle Cleaners on Victory Drive. Authorities say the victim Willie Clay was robbed and beaten before being shot.
Porter's defense attorney argued the other two suspects pinned the shooting on Porter to escape justice.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fort Benning soldier rescues neighbors from house fire
- Ft. Benning’s 197th Infantry Brigade discontinued
- Trees for Troops donates more than 800 trees to military families
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony