Disgruntled residents voice concerns over proposed apartment complex | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Some north Columbus
residents are upset over a plan to build some new apartments behind their
The disgruntled homeowners
voiced their concerns to city council Tuesday.
They fear the single and
multi-family complexes slated for a wooded area near Cooper Creek Road will
clutter an already heavily congested area.
They also say traffic jams
during school hours along north Veterans Parkway will become an even bigger
"We're right across
from Northside High School," said William Cox, a resident of Cooper Branch
Road. "It's very difficult to get out at the area and Moon Road, they just did
construction there and I'm very concerned."
Cox says protecting their
property values and safety are some other concerns.
City councilors listened
to the complaints and plans to hold a public hearing before voting on the
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest