Incredible first time ever video of live giant squid | News
PACIFIC OCEAN (CNN) - It remained elusive for hundreds of years until now.
You are looking at never-before seen video of a 10 foot-long giant squid, swimming far off the coast of Japan.
Researchers working with Japanese network NHK and the Discovery Channel nabbed this first-ever footage of a live giant squid deep in the Pacific Ocean during hours of research.
The enormous mollusk has suckers lined with sharp "teeth" and two very long tentacles.
Biologists say the discovery is huge.
You'll be able to see more of the beast on the upcoming Discovery Channel special, "Monster Squid: The Giant is Real", airing later this month.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning