NAACP holds prayer vigil at Majestic Sports Bar | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Should clubs like the Majestic Sports Bar in Columbus be allowed in residential areas?
That's what the NAACP is asking as members of the organization held a prayer vigil at the bar on Wednesday.
This is the site of the first Columbus murder of 2013. A shooting at the bar on New Year's Eve left one dead and six others injured.
The alleged shooter, Dequandrea Truitt, is currently behind bars without bond after pleading not guilty.
He is charged with murder, along with two counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and aggravated assault.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest