NAACP holds prayer vigil at Majestic Sports Bar | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Should clubs like the Majestic Sports Bar in Columbus be allowed in residential areas?
That's what the NAACP is asking as members of the organization held a prayer vigil at the bar on Wednesday.
This is the site of the first Columbus murder of 2013. A shooting at the bar on New Year's Eve left one dead and six others injured.
The alleged shooter, Dequandrea Truitt, is currently behind bars without bond after pleading not guilty.
He is charged with murder, along with two counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and aggravated assault.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning