Yates Drive suspect appears in court, 3rd suspect still on the run | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Police are still looking for a suspect connected with Wednesday's standoff, while another suspect in this case went to court Thursday.
It all started yesterday afternoon when Muscogee County deputies attempted to serve a warrant for federal drug charges on Brandon Reese.
During the arrest Darius Upshaw and Daniel Gaines tried to leave the Liberty Gas Station on Macon Road, hitting Deputy Lauren Stinson with their car. They were both arrested.
We're told Stinson had some scrapes but is in good condition now.
Upshaw pleaded not guilty in court Thursday. His bond was set at $45,000. He faces two counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during crime and possession of marijuana
In the meantime, Reese ran from the gas station and has not been found. He is considered dangerous after investigators found a loaded AK-47 in a house he apparently frequents.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning