Yates Drive suspect appears in court, 3rd suspect still on the run | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Police are still looking for a suspect connected with Wednesday's standoff, while another suspect in this case went to court Thursday.
It all started yesterday afternoon when Muscogee County deputies attempted to serve a warrant for federal drug charges on Brandon Reese.
During the arrest Darius Upshaw and Daniel Gaines tried to leave the Liberty Gas Station on Macon Road, hitting Deputy Lauren Stinson with their car. They were both arrested.
We're told Stinson had some scrapes but is in good condition now.
Upshaw pleaded not guilty in court Thursday. His bond was set at $45,000. He faces two counts of aggravated assault, possession of a firearm during crime and possession of marijuana
In the meantime, Reese ran from the gas station and has not been found. He is considered dangerous after investigators found a loaded AK-47 in a house he apparently frequents.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Military Matters: Congressman Kingston comments on Army furloughs
- 192nd Infantry Brigade celebrates historic Discontinuance Ceremony
- NBA Cares ambassador speaks to Ft. Benning soldiers about PTSD
- 14th Combat Support Hospital to return from deployment
- National Infantry Museum launches new NIM SIM experience