Columbus senator named chairman of Senate Judiciary Committee | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Senator Josh McKoon (R- Columbus) has been named chairman of Georgia's Senate Judiciary Committee for the 2013-2014 legislative term.
He told News Leader 9 Tuesday, "I am deeply honored to be appointed to serve as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee," said Sen. Josh McKoon. "I look forward to serving on this committee, and will work hard to validate the trust that has been placed in me by my colleagues."
The committee acts on all legislation affecting civil and criminal judicial proceedings. Its jurisdictions also includes topics on civil liberties and constitutional amendments.
The Georgia General Assembly convened Monday for the 152nd Legislative Session.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Trees for Troops to give away 800 Christmas trees on Ft. Benning
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan