Muscogee Co. schools creates security task force | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Muscogee County's interim superintendent is taking extra steps to make sure your children are safe at school. In light of the recent events that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary, the superintendent plans to create a new security task force in an effort to ensure the safety of all students and faculty.
The task force will include public safety officials, school faculty, parents, students and members of the Muscogee County School District Safety Staff.
"The superintendent stated very clearly that he wants our schools to be a complete safe haven for our students. No child and/or parent should fear that their child will be injured at school. Now, while we can't prevent or predict things that could happen, he wants to take every precaution necessary," Valerie Fuller, Communications Director with the school district.
The creation of the task force is in it's early stage, but one of the main things they will do is review safety measures already in place and see what improvements should be made.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fort Benning soldier rescues neighbors from house fire
- Ft. Benning’s 197th Infantry Brigade discontinued
- Trees for Troops donates more than 800 trees to military families
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony