CSU opens new dining hall in Rankin Building | News
Columbus State University is providing its students and the community another dining option in Uptown Columbus with the opening of The Rankin Den and Dining.
Located in the renovated space formerly known as the Rankin Deli at the corner of 1st Avenue and 10th Street, The Rankin Den and Dining will operate from 7:30 a.m.-10 p.m. during fall and spring semesters. Hours may change slightly during summer and breaks between semesters.
“The Den (CSU’s former dining-store facility on Broadway) had really reached capacity, so this is a terrific option for our students,” said David Mitchell, CSU’s director of Enterprise Development. “We totally redid the space but left of lot of the old character. It’s a great place for students.”
The expanded dining space also offers more options for non-student diners.
“There’s just a lot more selection there,” Mitchell said. “And where it’s located, near the Springer (Opera House) and the RiverCenter, it is a perfect place for dinner before an event.”
The new space seats about 115 inside. Outdoor seating is also available. The space also features convenience store items used by students.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Living historty event featuring Kelly's Zeroes to take place at the National Infantry Museum
- Fort Benning to observe Memorial Day with wreath laying ceremony
- Rangers to receive awards for role in Afghanistan
- Ft. Benning’s Col. Johnson relinquishes command
- Combat wounded World War II veteran honored at Fort Benning