Milgen standoff suspect appears in court | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- We have more details on one man who attempted to escape from police Monday.
Michael Brewer appeared in court Tuesday and pled not guilty on charges of terroristic threats, criminal damage to property and obstruction of an officer.
Police were serving a warrant on Brewer at Milgen Village Apartments yesterday when they say he decided to hide. Brewer entered a neighboring apartment through the roof and hid inside a cabinet.
Police say they found him with a knife threatening to kill himself, and officers stopped him before any serious damage was done.
He was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest