Police searching for Forrest Rd. robbery suspects | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- A Columbus man is recovering after experiencing a brutal attack inside his own home on Monday.
Steve Porter says a group of teenagers asked him for something to drink before forcing their way inside his home off Forrest Road over the weekend.
Porter told News Leader 9 one of his attackers hit him with a metal object similar to a crowbar. Porter says he tried to escape through his bedroom window but couldn't get away.
"My heart was pumping out of my chest, because I've been robbed before and it's not a good feeling," Porter said. "It's just a terrifying situation. The worst part about it was that I was actually pleading for them to please leave and they were still there attacking me."
The group reportedly stole close to $1,200 worth of computer electronics. Police say they are looking for the suspects; most of them are under the age of 18.
If you have any information on this case you are asked to call Columbus police at 706-653-3400.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning