Water main breaks on Rigdon Road | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- A water main break that poured water onto Rigdon Road for hours in Columbus is apparently capped, but workers were still on the scene late Tuesday afternoon trying to fix the problem.
It started around 10:45 Tuesday morning, and water spouted into the street until crews were able to get it stopped for nearly five hours.
Columbus Water Works says no homes or businesses were affected.
Workers had to dig a hole causing a lane to close on Rigdon Road. They are now working on fixing the street.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest