Columbus cousins raise money for Wounded Warrior Project | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- The two cousins from Columbus who are kayaking the Chattahoochee River down to the Gulf of Mexico are finally on their way.
We received a picture from Brandon Riles and Alex Epp on Wednesday morning, when they began their 260 mile journey. You can see them setting up their gear.
On Thursday they sent us an update, saying "We did 38 miles in the storm yesterday. The storm took a toll on us, but we're pushing on." As of Thursday afternoon, they had reached Lake Eufaula.
The purpose of this trip is to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project.
Select the search and donate link and search for Brandon Riles.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest