South Columbus Public Library reopens after renovations | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- After a long-planned
renovation, the South Columbus Public Library reopened Monday.
The library has served the
south Columbus area since opening in 1992, and this has been the first major
renovation to the building.
The library received a new
roof and also new audio-visual equipment to help support its growing number of
programs for children, teens and adults.
There was also a fresh
coat of paint and carpet for Monday's visitors.
The library will be closed
on Tuesdays and Sundays but will be open on Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturdays
from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Wednesdays from noon to 8 p.m.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fort Benning soldier rescues neighbors from house fire
- Ft. Benning’s 197th Infantry Brigade discontinued
- Trees for Troops donates more than 800 trees to military families
- Military Matters: Making sweet music with Fort Benning’s marching band
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony