Family remembers 3 killed in Richland fire | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)-
In one night Ruth Grant lost three close family members.
Her sister Willie Pearl Walton, and her two children Barbara Ann and Ernest Walton were all killed in a fire on Sunday night in Richland. Grant says she had gone by to see her sister just hours before the fire.
"We had a wonderful talk, I really didn't know that was going to be my last talk, or my last hug, but I was glad I did," Grant said.
Grant says her sister was recently paralyzed after a stroke, and her son was confined to a wheelchair. To help out around the house her daughter Barbara Ann moved in with her brother and mother.
Since the accident friends and family have called and stopped by the home. Grant finds comfort in that support and knows that her sister and her children are safe with God.
"Everything God do is his will, and I have to accept that and with his help I know we all will survive it, but its a great lost to me," Grant said.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning