Black Heritage Trail encourages people to connect to the past | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- In honor of black history
month, the Columbus Black History Museum is encouraging people to take some
time to learn about the past.
The Black Heritage Trail connects
29 different African-American historical points of interest within the fountain
Museum president Johnny
Warner Jr. says it's important to stay connected with the past.
The eight-mile trail
includes many sites throughout uptown Columbus, including the Liberty Theater.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local university prepares for dangerous storms, builds shelters
- Ribbon cutting ceremony for new Children's Department at Phenix City Library
- Local 11th graders build playground for students with special needs
- Beer shoplifter pepper-sprays Piggly Wiggly employees
- Sgt. 1st Class Donald Wilson laid to rest