USA Pools hired to manage upcoming natatorium | News
COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM)- Columbus city leaders are moving forward with plans to open a state of the art indoor swimming facility.
Councilors have hired USA Pools of Atlanta to manage the new natatorium on Macon Road. The operating costs for one year come to $655,000 with a $468,000 projected profit.
That's a deficit of nearly $190,000. The city had a choice between Parks and Rec, a third party or an authority to run the facility.
"I am pleased with the decision, because if you think about it, we're not throwing the bath water out with the baby sort of speak," said James Worsley, director of Columbus Parks and Rec. "We are still overseeing the facility. We have manage the manager. "
The next step is for the city and USA Pools to negotiate the terms of a five year contract. We're told construction is on schedule for the natatorium to open this summer.
Copyright 2013 WTVM. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ft. Benning celebrates annual 250-foot Airborne Tower Lighting Ceremony
- Events coming Up Next! on Ft. Benning
- 12 years later, thousands of US soldiers spending holidays in Afghanistan
- Feeding an Army for Thanksgiving at Fort Benning
- Political commentator, military historian Lt. Col. Oliver North visits Ft. Benning